Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Assassin's Creed VI: Black Flag gameplay trailer

RARRRRGH! I'm a pirate!
Is it too soon to call this the next Call of Duty?

Don't get me wrong; I love the Assassin's Creed series. They have for quite some time been one of the more original series that I have played. And while I have yet to really dig into ACIII, what I have seen and played thus far has invigorated the series for me after how stale AC: Revelations felt.

Which was a shame; Ezio was so damn charming.


But this yearly release needs to stop. I certainly don't want the series to come to a grinding hault; just take a break. Give it a year to breath. Simply because I would hate to see this series go the way of most rhythm games or become a series fans become annoyed with such as Call of Duty is.

Regardless, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag seems to be going in a direction that I expected, with a few surprises. I did expect to see more naval battles considering how loved the naval battles were in ACIII. I however, was not expecting it to take on pirates as well as changing the location to the Caribbean. I was hoping more for London, circa the mid 1880's.

Seriously, how amazing would it be to run across the rooftops of London during 1885? Maybe even track down Jack the Ripper?

But this looks like it's going to work. Ancient secrets buried around the Caribbean. Fierce naval battles between ships. Port towns to run across. Black Beard and his ember-lit, smoking beard. ACIV has some serious potential that I look forward to hearing more about.

No comments:

Post a Comment